When it comes to Christmas events, Santa Fe is a city that honors and celebrates the holiday spirit. There are numerous fun attractions for the entire family, an eclectic shopping scene, and dining to please any palate. Whether you are visiting family and friends this holiday season or simply escaping the Christmastime chaos, come to the Inn at Santa Fe for your relaxing and happy holiday escape.
- A Santa Fe Christmas is full of beloved holiday traditions and the Canyon Road Farolito Walk is a signature event on Christmas Eve. Start at the base of Canyon Road at dusk; enjoy the holiday lights and beautiful seasonal décor. Holiday revelers and street musicians gather around bonfires singing Christmas Carols and numerous galleries and shops are open late showcasing exceptional works of art serving hot drinks and snacks. This free event will help you get into the spirit of the season while you visit Santa Fe around the holidays.
- With so many fun things to do in Santa Fe this holiday season, you just have to decide where to start first. The Northern Pueblos, within an hour's drive of Santa Fe, follow traditional spiritual practices with the performance of ceremonial dances during the holiday season. Torch light processions and dances are performed on Christmas Eve at a few Pueblos while on Christmas Day dances can start anytime from mid-morning to mid-afternoon. Enjoy a unique cultural experience with a seasonal twist. Do confirm schedules by calling the Pueblo Center.
- Have a fun time on a Sunday afternoon while tasting six great wines paired with six delicious varieties. You will go home with your own stack of cookies to enjoy with family and friends. Seating is limited; reservations strongly encouraged. This wine related event is limited to adults 21 years and older.
- Take the short drive to Albuquerque for the festive River of Lights. With nearly 400 light sculptures and dazzling light displays is held at Albuquerque's Botanic Garden. The gorgeous grounds are illuminated in twinkling lights, seasonal scenes, and holiday décor and local musicians bring holiday cheer with performances.
- Known for its New Mexico Roadhouse Cuisine, the Mine Shaft Tavern is a Santa Fe tradition. This holiday season; take a break from the Christmas bustle by visiting this historic hotspot. The cheeseburgers are regularly raved about, the margaritas are said to be Madrid's best and there is live music every weekend. The Madrid Christmas and Open House from December 6-31 is filled with festivities each weekend until Christmas.
- Satisfy your craving for amazing Mexican cuisine at The Shed. This popular Santa Fe family owned and operated restaurant is a local dining institution and the premier place to stop in after a day of holiday shopping and local seasonal things activities. Come for the stellar service, tequila cocktails, and trendy scene for tasty treats like burritos, tacos, blue corn enchiladas and most notably the green Chile soup. Do save room for homemade desert - the apple pie is delicious.
- Order delectable food from a tapas-style menu or sample the Spanish paella at El Farol in Santa Fe. This intimate dining spot with music and entertainment nightly has the perfect ambiance for a romantic Christmas getaway. Grab your table to savor the fresh seasonal offerings in a unique, trendy setting
- At Fashion Outlets, you'll find all the best bargains to complete your Christmas shopping list. This prime shopping center in Santa Fe features great designer names including a Nike Factory Store, Polo Ralph Lauren Factory Store, and Nine West and more. Find huge discounts on designer fashions during the holidays here.
- Don't miss this old-timey gift shop, a Santa Fe fixture for more than 50 years and a wonderful place to explore for children and adults alike. Have fun exploring their wonderful wide selection of unique, quirky, international, and imaginative items - Santa Fe gifts that you won't find elsewhere.
- Located one-half block east of the Plaza, Susan's Christmas Shop offers a wide selection of Christmas ornaments and nativities, Christmas Jewelry, books, toys and more. The selection is not limited to Christmas - there are also items for Valentines, Easter and Southwest specialties. Susan is also the author of Christmas in Santa Fe and Nativities of the World.
Affordable Holiday Parties
- Are you having a small Holiday Office Party? We have affordable Holiday Parties for 10-40 guests that can be designed just for your needs. For only $20 your group will enjoy dinner, a private room, holiday decorations and a door prize of a complimentary guest room. Call 505-216-3715 and speak with our catering elf Victoria to arrange your affordable holiday party or contact her via email at email@example.com
Christmas Chili Package
- The Christmas Chili Package includes a Deluxe Room, a $25 voucher for dinner at our restaurant - El Café at the Inn at Santa Fe, and a specially packaged souvenir of red and green chili with recipe cards. To book our special "Christmas Chili Package" call our Christmas elf Victoria at 505-216-3715 or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This pre-eminent artisan distillery/tasting room tour provides you with an opportunity to learn how spirits are produced at this relatively small distillery that creates exceptional products ranging from silver whisky to barrel-aged brandy. You will have an opportunity to taste award-winning spirits. The "Santa Fe Spirits Hot Toddy Package" includes tour of distillery and a $5.00 token which may be used towards purchase of their locally handcrafted apple brandy hot toddy or any handcrafted spirits. This event is limited to adults 21 years and older. Complimentary shuttle service is provided. To book our "Santa Fe Sprits Hot Toddy Package" call our Christmas elf Victoria at 505-216-3715 or contact us via email at email@example.com. Get the Santa Fe Spirit!